[obol] some Manzanita birding

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:05:00 -0700

I did a shearwater-less search from Manzanita beach this morning. Nothing
unusual in the way of birds but I did see a flying Humpback Whale not very far
out. I have only seen the species totally breach from the water a few times.

Nehalem Meadows had a White-tailed Kite and an Eared Grebe at the sewage ponds.
I missed reading some signs at the STP. While birders are welcome there, much
of it is off limits. I remember the days when there wasn't a gate for birders,
and they even gave me a key to the facility.

(The near-Nachotta Clay-colored Sparrow was still there this morning.)

Jeff Gilligan