[obol] Re: Lincoln City - new yard bird

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_villa@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:03:32 -0700

Western Meadowlarks migrate in small numbers right along the ocean. I have had
them on the lawn at Depoe Bay, which is on the sea cliff. It seemed strange at
first to me as well. I have also seen them in dune grass along the ocean at
various locations.

Jeff Gilligan

On Oct 22, 2015, at 11:59 AM, dawn v <d_villa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Glanced out a few minutes ago and noticed one of the "starlings" on the wire
appeared to have a yellowish cast. I thought it might be the light but
grabbed my bins just in case - it was a WESTERN MEADOWLARK, clinging to the
wire in the wind. Very unusual considering my 'backyard' is mostly ocean.

New yard bird:
http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1077_1_zpse20naqjr.jpg.html
With the starling:
http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1079_1_zps6jsio5az.jpg.html
A little windy:
http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1088_1_zpskme1ycw3.jpg.html

dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott

"To want what I have, to take what I'm given with grace... for this, I pray."
--Don Henley
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol Manage your account or
obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx