[obol] Re: shorebird migration

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 15:29:38 -0700 (PDT)

I stopped by Bandon Marsh on may way south this morning and took a quick peek
at the peeps.  Looked to be at least 12,000 on the mudflats ("Leasterns",
Dunlin and SP Plovers).  I would estimate 80-90% Westerns.  Just a few BB
Plovers there and 2 RED KNOTS. In the PM I stopped by real quick on my way
north, the marsh was still covered with shorebirds but there was 20+ BB
Plovers, 15-20 dowitchers and one all white plover that I bet was a Semipalm,
cool looking bird but across the marsh and hard to get real good looks at due
to the heat waves.

Merry migration!

Tim R
Coos Bay