[obol] shorebird migration

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 14:32:11 -0700

We definitely had pretty good movement of shorebirds yesterday and today in southern Coos Cty. The movement was not massive, but it was decent with some large flocks of peeps and dows cruising north. Saw one RED KNOT this morning at Bandon Beach.

Cheers
Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein

On 5/1/2013 9:45 AM, Phil Pickering wrote:
During multiple short checks from Spanish
Head in Lincoln City over the last 2.5 days
including twice this morning I have seen almost
no Pacific Loon movement at all (0-3/minute).

There is still a continued minor movement of
shorebirds - peeps/dunlin 1000-3000/hour,
+ occasional dowitcher/Black-belly flock.
No Bonys or Phalaropes, a few Brant.

Starting to see a few of the expected flocks of
Western Canada geese going north over LC.

Phil