[obol] Re: flycatcher hope

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Darrel Faxon <5hats@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 14:02:44 -0700

If it is roosting in a barn it is a bird of good judgment living well off the
local moths and spiders and should be left alone for today (says he, who
already saw it). The weather will be better in a couple of days; Sunday
afternoon should be semi-civilized and it may well come out again.

Hospitality at Thornton Creek could hardly be improved upon - the neighbors
smile politely and don’t fire shotguns or send their dogs after us. I’ve seen
WAY worse.

Thanks for the update.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

On Oct 31, 2015, at 1:57 PM, 5hats@xxxxxxxx wrote:

The Thornton Creek Great Crested Flycatcher has not been seen since Thursday
by birders, but our neighbor reported it was roosting in his barn this
morning. So it may still be around. Please do not walk up their driveway
unless you receive specific permission. they have been hospitable, but
walking right up to their house and barn would be beyond the pale of what is
acceptable. I will try.to connect with them to see what can be done.

Darrel