[obol] chats & yellowthroats, etc

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 08:42:14 -0700

Just for fun I looked at my life list of county birds.

I've found Yellow-breasted Chats in 32 of 36 Oregon counties.

I've not found them in Clatsop, Tillamook, Morrow, and Lake counties.

I've found Common Yellowthroats in 33 of 36 Oregon counties.

I've not found them in Gilliam, Wheeler, and Morrow counties.

They are indeed common in western Oregon and in the marshes of Klamath,
Lake, and Harney counties.

Others:

I've found Townsend's Warblers in 35 of 36 Oregon counties.

I've not found them in Wasco county.

I've found Black-throated Gray Warblers in 29 of 36 Oregon counties.

I've not found them in Crook, Gilliam, Morrow, Umatilla,  Wallowa, Union,
and Baker counties.

Interestingly, I've repeatedly found this species in Leslie Gulch in Malheur
county.

I've found Nashville Warblers in 28 of 36 Oregon counties.

I've not found them in Tillamook, Lincoln, Lane, Columbia, Benton, Linn,
Crook, and Malheur counties.

The Breeding Bird Atlas shows them missing from the NW corner of the state.
We are lucky if we see one per spring in Yamhill county.

Good birding, everyone,

Paul Sullivan