[obol] calliope hummer-Columbia County

  • From: Bobbett Pierce <ensatina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 17:45:39 -0400

About noon today a male CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRD was visiting the flowers in my
backyard, just north of Scappoose. He was tamer than the rufous hummers, We
happened to be standing near the blooms when he zoomed in about 3 feet away,
pretty much ignoring us. He did not stick around long, zipping off after a
couple of minutes. Only other time I recorded a calliope in our yard was May 9,
2009. Didn't have a camera or it would have been a nice opportunity for a
photo.
Lona PierceWarren