[obol] about a bird, but a little off topic

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 10:39:23 -0800

This is about a penguin, so it's a bird story. Some might find this interesting. I just recently read an article about Carl Safina and his ideas about animal behavior, specifically whether animals feel emotions and experience the world like we humans (ie., we animals). And so this story popped up today, and one can't help but wonder why this bird is doing this, and what this bird 'knows' and 'feels'. I do not mean to get squishy about this, and science has a fond way of squashing any talk about how other animals perceive and experience their reality, especially in any human like manner. But you have to wonder.....

http://news.yahoo.com/watch-the-penguin-who-swims-5000-miles-to-see-his-100012671.html?nf=1

Cheers
Dave Lauten
POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx