[obol] Yamhill puzzle bird

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <YamhillBirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 20:50:56 -0700

We were up Rock Creek Rd, north of Sheridan today, 0.25 mile past the end of
the paved road at a gate on the east side of the road.  We heard a sparrow
singing from large D. fir trees at the edge of a Christmas tree farm.  It
sang repeated, buzzy triplets: "Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzzz."   It sounded
like a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW, but it was high in the tree.  I tried playing a
tape, but it did not come down to where we could really see it.  The song
did not match any song I've heard from a Chipping Sparrow.

Hmmmm?

Paul Sulllivan & Carol Karlen

McMinnville