[obol] Wireless Rd. Rarities

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 22:27:12 -0800

I could not find the Common Ground-Dove this morning, but did see the
Clay-colored Sparrow.

After birding around Astoria and over in Pacific Co., Washington most of the
afternoon, I decided to gove the dove another shot just before sunset. I found
feeding in the gravel parking area between the buildings just east of the
boatworks on the north side of Wireless. I managed to get the attention of
Michael Gregg and Elizabeth Collins, who were just ahead of me on the road.
They backed up and saw the dove as well.

After that we continued on and found the Clay-colored Sparrow again right where
I had seen it in the morning. It seems to really like the roadside ditch
opposite the driveway to the house with the feeder at the end of the chain link
fence (toward the south end of Wireless Rd.).

Dave Irons
Portland, OR

Sent from my iPhone