[obol] Please Help! - Did you rescue 2 cats from Baskett Slough today?

  • From: Lillian <lillian.e@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 06:36:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Birders,
Today at Baskett Slough we found 2 small cats that had been abandoned in the
parking lot across from Livermore Road... While we were deciding what to do
with them (find their owners, take them home, or take them to the non-kill
shelter up in Sherwood) a second concerned person showed up with a cat carrier
also hoping to help the kitties...
Long story short... I was badly bitten while trying to load one of the cats
into the carrier (not the cat's fault, I'm sure the poor thing thought I was
trying to kill it)... Anyway, we quickly left to go to the ER, and failed to
get the name of the lady who was taking the cats... All I know was that she
lives in Dallas...
I am hoping to find out where she took the cats since it would be nice to be
able to put the cat that bit me in quarantine for 10 days to assure it didn't
have rabies... The cats didn't look sick or act strangely, they were actually
both purring while I was petting them... I'm just a little scared, and not sure
if I should get the rabies treatment or not...
Thank you for your help,Lillian