[obol] White-tailed Kite - Tillamook

  • From: Miles Scheuering <mills0044@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:58:24 -0700

 My dad and I spent two days birding the coast from Tillamook to Astoria.
On Fenk rd. in outside of Tillamook there was a White-tailed Kite. Cool for
me as I have see them in California but never this far north.

Other highlights included a Pacific Loon still in breeding plumage at Cape
Meares, 30+ Black Turnstones and 15+ Surfbirds at Barview Jetty and 6
Elegant Terns at Hammond Boat Basin. When we got to the boat basin it was a
hour before hightide and we did not see any Whimbrels, however we did see
one flying on the beach past the bunker at parking lot D by the south
jetty.