[obol] Re: Where to find index for "Handbook of Oregon Birds"

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 13:23:29 -0700

Folks,

I created a simple one-page index which, folded in half on an 8.5 x 11"
sheet, fits nicely into the book.  It gets you to each family of birds, not
each species.

Let me know if you'd like one.

Paul T. Sullivan

paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: Where to find index for "Handbook of Oregon Birds"
Date: Fri May 2 2014 14:14 pm
From: hhactitis AT gmail.com

Hi Barbara et al.,

The omission of an index was a gross oversight by the publisher, which I

noticed to my dismay after I received the first finished copies of the book

(in fact, my partner Oscar pointed it out to me).

A while ago, I prepared an index of common names (I never got around to

doing one for the scientific names). It is formatted so that you should be

able to print it out and stick it in the back of the book.

Since OBOL policy does not encourage attachments, I will mail you a copy

separately. Anyone else out there who would like to receive a copy, please

email me and I will send you a copy.

Hope this helps.

Hendrik