[obol] Re: Western Kingbird at Hatfield Marine Science Center Nature Trail (Lincoln Co.)

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:01:40 -0700

You have to wonder about this late birds? Maybe in a few years they will be
breeding further north along the coast? Terry Wahl (near Cape Blanco,
Curry) normally sees tens of these coming through in May and early June but
from what I know they have never bred? They do so occasionally inland in
Coos (most recently a pair a few years back found by Knute Andersson and
Lois Miller at the fairgrounds in Myrtle Point).  Terry had three late
Say's Phoebes in May this year also, not sure what to say about those
either- probably just late migrants so who knows what's up with this one?

Cool sighting in Lincoln by Roy!

Tim R
Coos Bay