[obol] Re: *Re: Western Kingbird at Hatfield Marine Science Center Nature Trail (Lincoln Co.)

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx" <range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:53:41 -0700

I wonder if this is a southbound migrant adult (perhaps non-breeder). Once the
young are out of the nest and independent, Western Kingbirds seem to move out
quickly. Willamette Valley breeders usually have their young fledged by early
July and then they leave the immediate nesting area within a couple of days. By
August 1st kingbirds can be hard to find in western Oregon.

Dave Irons
Portland, OR

Sent from my iPhone