[obol] Re: Weekend Weather

  • From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx" <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 07:36:32 -0700

Tim

I remember that day well!  The wind was blowing from the east at something like
30mph in Newport.  Shawn Stephensen and I went out to Yaquina Head and it was
hot standing on the viewing deck.  Wilson's and orange-crowned warblers were
struggling in from the west and dropping in the shrubs as soon as the reached
land.  We haven't had a day like that in the spring since.  I believe it was
2008 or perhaps 2009 sometime around this week in May.

I'm sure someone will chime in with the correct date!

Roy
Sent from my iPad