[obol] UVAS Sutherlin Sites Field Trip Today

  • From: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 17:37:41 -0700

I led a trip with 8 others today visiting some of the bodies of water
around Sutherlin. We survived an early weather scare and ended up with
around 50 species. A lot of people needed to head out early so we burned
through the morning light and finished around noon. The highlights were:

1 Pectoral Sandpiper at Ford's Pond along with
1 American White Pelican and
Great looks at American Pipits, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs

Lots of yellow-rumped warblers and
1 Caspian Tern at Plat I

Good Birding

Jimmy