[obol] Tualatin National Wildlife Refuge Today

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 20:05:31 -0700

Jill and I enjoyed spending a few leisurely hours today at TNWR. Most of
which we spent sitting on the southern-most dike watching the activity in
and around the marsh beneath the Bald Eagle nest. The lone eagle chick did
not spend much time perched up and/or working its wings so we're thinking
it won't fledge for another week or two. But please don't rely on my
uninformed estimate if you would like to watch the chick fledge; you'll be
in much better hands if you call the refuge headquarters and ask for their
opinion.

The lack of abundance of passerines, today, was astonishing - we would have
never thought waterfowl and a few aggressive Red-winged Black Birds would
be the highlight of our day. Perhaps the most surprising find for us was
the lone male Ring-necked Duck that was hanging out below the river
overlook at the end of our walk.

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2014/5/tualatin-national-wildlife-refuge

--
Jack Williamson