[obol] Tillamook area birds 12/29

  • From: William Risser <wlrisser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:00:11 -0800

On a beautiful sunny day with no wind and bays smooth as glass, we saw the
already mentioned three rockpipers at the Barview Jetty.  They came and
went, but were quite easy to see near the base of the jetty in the time
period between one and two hours after high tide.  The other uncommon birds
that we saw were a drake Eurasian wigeon with a large raft of American
wigeon off the end of the spit at the Pacific Oyster Company in Bay City,
and a (the?) black phoebe around the first farm buildings on the left as we
drove out Goodspeed Road in Tillamook.  Jan and Will Risser, Portland