[obol] TILLAMOOK Raptor Run East Monday November 9, 2015

  • From: kathykrall <krallfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ken Chamberlain <kjchamberlain@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Krall <michaelkrall670@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 06:11:27 -0800

Wow, what a day we had in Tillamook yesterday. The weather warmed up as the day
went on, and we had just a few sprinkles of rain.

RTHA 106 (including the light morph Harlan's)
AMKE 15
NOHA 16
BAEA 1 Adult
RLHA 3
RSHA 3
WTKI 18
SSHA 1

This is by far the most raptors we have ever seen on this route. It will be
interesting to see how many of the birds remain for the winter.
Ken Chamberlain helped us out today, since Mike is on crutches. Eagle-eyed Ken
sighted a barn owl as we traveled north on Hwy 101, just south of Tillamook
center, and managed to find it again along Neilsen Rd. Unfortunately, this side
of Hwy 101 is not on our raptor route, so we couldn't count it!
We also saw one Red-breasted Sapsucker, one Mourning Dove, and 55 great egrets
in a couple of trees north of Hwy 6, 2 miles east of Tillamook.
As usual, this time of year, most of the bald eagles have moved, presumably
west, into Dawn's raptor route territory. (:

We had fun!

Kathy and Mike Krall