[obol] Steens and south

  • From: Bob Archer <rabican1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 18:11:25 -0700

Friday, Fields, Az Creek and Cottonwood Ck were as quiet as I have ever seen.
Today I wandered around Steens looking for Virginia's Warbler, no luck. I did
explore above the closed Rooster Comb gate. I wandered through the aspen woods
on the edge of the Blitzen Gorge, what a beautiful spot.  I saw a small flock
of orientha White-crowned, one had bright red bill, just a beautiful bird.  The
Mt Tabor Rustic had nothing over that bird.  Finally going to Benson and HQ in
am.

Bob Archer