[obol] First in a series of articles chronicling our weekend in Morrow County

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 02:39:36 +0000

Greetings all,

After hearing chatter about the Oregon 2020 project all week long, some of you
may be curious. "What this is all about and is it something that I might like
to participate in?" I am putting together a four-part series chronicling our
long weekend exploring Morrow County and explaining a bit more about how
birders can lend a hand.

As I hope this series will demonstrate, participating in this project is a lot
of fun and it offers a fantastic way to introduce yourself to the corners of
Oregon and some landscapes that may be unfamiliar to you. The first installment
(click on the link below) covers our trip over to Morrow County on Friday 30
May 2014. It was leisurely with lots of stops along the way. The second
installment, which I hope to complete tonight, will be an introduction of sorts
to Morrow County and its variety of habitats. The final two installments will
include lots of photos of birds that we saw and discuss the areas that we
covered and what we found in our assigned "hotspot squares." There is a link to
the Oregon 2020 website right at the top of the first installment if you want
to learn more about this effort.

http://www.birdfellow.com/journal/2014/06/08/morrow_county_blitz_a_slow_trip_east

Dave Irons
Portland, OR