[obol] Spring in Corvallis

  • From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Midvalley Birding <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 11:44:19 -0800

It must be getting spring! A short walk down the main path at Bald Hill
Park this morning produced my FOY RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD (1 male) and
VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS (2), plus 2 TURKEY VULTURES soaring overhead and a
few TREE SWALLOWS checking out nest boxes..

Love was in the air: I watched a male NORTHERN HARRIER perform his aerial
loop display in front of a seemingly unimpressed female, while a pair of
RED-TAILED HAWKS circled amorously above the tree line.

And there was music everywhere: Songsters were out in full force, including
MOURNING DOVE, HUTTON'S VIREO, BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE, BEWICK'S WREN,
RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, SPOTTED TOWHEE, SONG SPARROW, OREGON JUNCO, HOUSE and
PURPLE FINCHES and LESSER GOLDFINCH.

A beautiful day for a morning walk!

Good birding

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn

*"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."     -- Gary Snyder*