[obol] Six Swifts? NB over Lincoln City 5-14-2013

  • From: "dawn" <d_villa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:08:16 -0400

Just got home from Spring Lake here in Lincoln City. When I was up on the hill,
six Swift-type birds flew by heading in a northerly direction, pretty high up.
They looked very dark (seemed solid but could have been silhouetting effect),
long wings, flight was "directional" (does that make sense?) vs diving and
sweeping, and very very fast. I was afraid if I took my bins off them to get my
camera I'd never find them again. They were gone before the thought was
complete.

I didn't know whether or not to report such a vague sighting, but thought it
might be of interest.

dawn
Lincoln City/Nelscott
Blogging About the Coast
dvillabirds.blogspot.com
Sometimes things come when you stop looking