[obol] Sauvie Island Surf Scoters, and ?

  • From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 14:18:34 -0800

In Columbia County on Sauvie Island there were 2 Surf Scoters this
morning. This was on the east side of the island right where the paved
part of Reeder Rd ends. Also there were 2 Western Grebes and a Pied-billed
Grebe.

Distant photos are at http://andyfrank.blogspot.com/. Left-clicking
enlarges them.

There is another photo there of 2 dark ducks with small bills and no
apparent markings. They were too far for me to ID with my binoculars. I
didn't have my spoke and so used my compact zoom camera (which goes to
equivalent of a 600mg lens) hoping to figure them out later. I got one
poor photo and can't tell what they are. If you think you know, please let
me know.

Thanks, Andy Frank