[obol] SUMMER TANAGER - Woodland Bottoms, Washington

  • From: Bill Bradford <billbradford1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 16:39:21 -0800

There was a Summer Tanager at Woodland Bottoms, Cowlitz County, Washington,
today around noon. The bird was located in the slough area off Dike Road
about a half mile south of Dike Access Road. The GPS coordinates for the
specific tree are: 45°55'30.1"N 122°47'52.3"W

The pictures are poor, but we had a good look at a large tanager, with a
large bill and head shape matching a Summer Tanager, and no wing bars.It
flew several times and we lost track of it within 20 minutes when the rain
started back up. Hopefully the Flickr links work:

https://flic.kr/p/Ahz6V3
https://flic.kr/p/zC9foC
https://flic.kr/p/AwSanS

By the way, the fields around Dike Road were loaded with raptors, egrets,
herons, & cranes. Most interesting were 2 Rough-legged Hawks.

Bill Bradford & Lora Minty
Portland