[obol] Royal Ave. Clay-colored persists, possible Brewer's

  • From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:28:44 -0700

I snuck out to Fern Ridge just after sunrise this morning looking for these
two sparrows.  After about 30 min, the CLAY-COLORED finally made an
appearance.

http://bjg.smugmug.com/Nature/Field-Avifauna/i-DPHBh75/0/L/ClayColored2-L.jpg

http://bjg.smugmug.com/Nature/Field-Avifauna/i-xkdtXBw/0/L/ClayColored1-L.jpg

On my way out, I saw a very light-colored sparrow with very fine streaking
and an obvious eye ring.  This may have been the BREWERS, but it didn't
hang around long enough for me to be sure.

The only other bird of note was a possible PEREGRINE, though it was far off
and the lighting was bad.

Brandon
Eugene