[obol] Rogue Valley loons, Barn Swallow

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rv <rv-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 19:25:08 -0700

On the Rogue Valley Audubon field trip to Lost Creek Lake today, we saw 5
COMMON LOONS and a BARN SWALLOW. We also saw a covey of MOUNTAIN QUAIL, a
common species that is often difficult to see in a group. There was over 100
AMERICAN PIPITS feeding on the flats, but we were unable to detect any
longspurs.
Later this afternoon, I had a fleeting glance at the reported RED-NAPED
SAPSUCKER at Emigrant Lake Park and a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at Ashland Pond.
I searched without success along E Main St in Ashland for a Palm Warbler that
was seen on Thursday.
Good birding,Russ NamitzMedford, OR