[obol] Red-breasted Sapsucker, Coos Cty

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 09:29:10 -0700

We had a rare spring visitor to our yard north of Bandon Coos Cty yesterday, a RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER. While they are regular in fall at the house, we rarely see them in spring, especially right at the feeder. I also think that two of the doves visiting the yard in the morning were EURASIAN COLLAR DOVES, which are not common in our neighborhood. So evidence that they are moving around right now.

Cheers
Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein
Bandon OR
POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx