[obol] *Re: Re: Possible seabird at mouth of Deschutes River

  • From: Range Bayer <range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:13:26 -0700

Hi Nels,

Thanks for your message.  Perhaps the texter was riding as a
passenger, but Shawneen wrote " I received several text messages from
Suzy Murphy about a bird seen while driving 65 MPH."

Shawneen later wrote: "She has been driving a long time"

When I am a passenger in a vehicle, I do not say I have been driving
and don't think of myself as driving.  When I talk about others
driving, the only person I refer to as driving is the driver.  Perhaps
others include being a passenger when they use "while driving" or to a
person "has been driving."  You are correct, the text that Shawneen
quotes from the texter does not indicate that the texter texts that
she was driving or was riding.

You are right, I jumped to a conclusion that the texter was driving; I
apologize for not making it clear in my email that it is not clear in
Shawneen's email if the texter was driving or riding, and that
hopefully the texter was riding because there is a safety concern with
texting while driving.

Thanks for your comments.

Range Bayer, Newport, Oregon