[obol] Re: RFI: Men's Light-weight Rain Boot Recommendation

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: billandnicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:44:12 -0800

Joel has an Aura, clothing is rarely necessary.

FYI, the mountain chickadee that arrived at my home in west Eugene in october
has settled in and this seems to be its destination.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

On Nov 16, 2015, at 8:39 AM, Bill and Nicki <billandnicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

And then there's clothes.....
I've not seen Joel in the field, only on the TV one time. He was clothed on
TV; but maybe that was a special occasion?
Bill

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 16, 2015, at 7:06 AM, L Markoff <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Oh how I envy Joel his good-feet genes. But alas, I inherited my dad’s
bad-feet genes resulting in me having to wear expensive custom-made footwear
at all times, and I still hobble around. When you pay big bucks for custom
footwear you protect them from the elements with over-shoes/boots because if
they get damaged, you don’t walk. I have found Tingley boots to be fairly
flexible. They hold up well, if you don’t pierce them with a cactus spine.
While not exactly light weight because they are made from rubber, they can
be folded up and secured with rubber bands, allowing them to be packed.
They come in different heights from low, to cover shoes, all the way up to
17” to cover boots. Put a plastic bag over your footwear before putting on
the Tingley boot to make them easy to put on, a trick I learned when I was a
kid putting on snow boots. With Tingley boots on you won’t make the front
page of Glamour magazine, but your feet will stay dry. As anyone who sees
me will probably agree, I’m not big on fashion, but function rates high with
me.

See: http://tinyurl.com/os7tm38 <http://tinyurl.com/os7tm38>

Lori Markoff
Eugene