[obol] RBA KlamCO BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER

  • From: rriparia@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "'klamathbasinbirdnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <klamathbasinbirdnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 20:53:46 -0800

I heard that Sunday morning, a female fall plumage BLACKBURNIAN
WARBLER, was seen at Wood River Wetlands. Seen by Dave Hewitt, Julie
Van Moorhem, and later, Dave Haupt. It moved along the entrance
riparian area, all the way towards the Wood River Bridge, but turned
back towards the parking lot. I heard that it did prefer the upper
canopy, but was actually seen near the ground, or maybe on the ground,
at least 2 times. I'm not sure if it was initially seen near the
restroom, and worked itself west. I am not sure about vocals or how it
was initially detected. The most noticeable plumage characteristic I
heard was its bright yellowish breast. This may be the first for the
county. The initial observers may be able to provide more details.
Wood River Wetlands is at the north east end of Agency Lake, at the
north end of Upper Klamath Lake. It can be accessed via Modoc Point
Road. Parking is just prior to the gate, and the riparian at the
parking area is continous from Modoc Point Road to the Wood River
bridge, about one-third of a miles worth.
Good Birding!
Kevin Spencerrriparia@charter.netKlamath Falls, OR