[obol] Re: Possible seabird at mouth of Deschutes River

  • From: Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx, OBOL <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:32:01 -0700

Hi RB,

Haven't met you yet and don't mean to pick a fight, but there is ZERO
evidence in Suzy's
or Shawneen's emails or texts saying they wrote or sent the texts WHILE
DRIVING.
She SAW THE BIRD while driving, as I (and I assume you) and all of us
birders have
at one time or another.

I'm with you 100% in your thinking and comments about
thoughtless, inconsiderate
and outright DANGEROUS drivers that mess with their electronic gadgets,
keypads
and text while driving.  They ought to make the fines high enough that
drivers
wouldn't even THINK about writing or sending a text while driving a vehicle.

Jumping to conclusions is another matter.

Happy Birding,

Nels Nelson
(Hillsboro Birder, retired after 30+ years in law enforcement)