[obol] Possible California or Curved-billed Thrasher near the southern Oregon line.

  • From: CHARLES <chucklthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 18:17:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Sept. 8, while travelling east on route 140 through Sheldon National
Wildlife Refuge (in Nevada only a few miles from the Oregon line) I stopped at
the first rest stop, and saw a thrasher near a dumpster on the edge of the
asphalt parking lot. It was late afternoon, and I was looking into the glare of
the sun, so that all I could see was a profile, and it was NOT that of a Sage
Thrasher. The bill was strongly curved - as with California, or Curved-billed.
As I approached, the bird quickly moved off the asphalt and out of sight into
sage and other vegetation, and I was unable to see it again.

Charles Thomas
Eugene