[obol] Mystery yard bird

  • From: Karen Saxton <kcsaxton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 13:08:01 -0700

A grosbeak sized and shaped bird was hanging around the feeder today - and
probably decided it is too small for it's type. I quickly put seed int he
tray. I had left my camera in the car and couldn't snap a pic of it up in
the branches of the tree.

Bird had light colored grosbeak type beak - nearly all dark body and light
head stripes. Until I saw the beak I thought female yellow head blackbird.
I'm keeping my eyes open for a return. Any ideas?