[obol] Photos: Finley NWR yesterday, Rough-legged, Dusky, Cooper's, Egrets Eating Worms

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:30:25 -0800

I went to William L. Finley NWR yesterday. Wildlife was very active.
Photographed 4 species of hawks, Cooper's, Red-tailed, Northern Harrier and
Rough-legged. Beautiful clouds and a couple of short rain storms. I have
seen Great Egrets eat fish, frogs and rodents but never worms (night
crawlers). Four Great Egrets were walking through a field together pulling
up and eating worms just about each step they took. I guess if you eat
enough worms you will get full eventually! Also photographed a banded
Dusky Goose. Click on link below for photos. Happy Birding, Jim Leonard.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108302360004365615395/FinleyNWR110915?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKONqoP3tOTRpAE&feat=directlink