[obol] Re: Pheasants

  • From: "judy" <jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>, <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 18:54:45 -0800

Not sure if we had ODFW planted birds or home farmed birds by hunting businesses, but we had pheasants on Antone CBC. They were also recently around Gateway, half a mile from a big "farm" where we have seen Pheasants and I think Chukar in big cages.

I think there is probably a spot on the ODFW website where you can see dates and locations of planted birds for hunting. I know you can do that for Mountain Quail, so presume it is possible for pheasants.
I hope they have stopped planting turkeys. Judy Meredith, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message----- From: Charles Gates
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2016 6:03 PM
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [obol] Re: Pheasants

To piggy back on Larry's observation, the pheasant population in Central
Oregon has been on a steep decline for more than a decade. If ODFW will
let it happen, I can see a day when they no longer exist here.

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manage your account: //www.freelists.org/list/obol
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
Contact moderators: obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx