[obol] Part One: Trip to SE Oregon and NW Nevada (13-16 June)

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 04:02:15 +0000

I just finished up the first segment chronicling our recent trip (13-16 June)
to southeastern Oregon and northwestern Nevada. The first segment covers the
drive and birding stops we made traveling from Portland to Winnemucca, Nevada
and shares some thoughts on why Shawneen and I are finding so much joy going to
places we've never been before. The second segment will cover our day up in the
Santa Rosa Mountains. Then I will do a third segment covering day three and
four, which included a quick trip over the border into Owyhee County, Idaho,
plus birding in Malheur, Harney counties on Sunday, then more birding in Harney
and Grant counties as we made our way home on Monday.

http://www.birdfellow.com/journal/2014/06/28/high_desert_adventure_part_i_headed_for_nevada

Dave Irons
Portand, OR