[obol] Re: Pacific Golden Plover-Fern Ridge - also Jackson Bottoms (belated)

  • From: Steve Nord <stevernord@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:58:39 -0700

OBOL;

Possibly related to this bird now being seen at Fern Ridge, there was a
Golden-plover sighting last week at Jackson Bottoms Wetlands in Hillsboro.
Gary Witt found a Golden-plover, on June 12th, near the new wooden blind
along the northward trail. He obtained some photos, 1 of which can be seen
on his Flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/orencobirder/14412049314/

He was unsure whether it was an American or a Pacific, so input is welcome
as to the ID.

Good Birding
Steve Nord
Beaverton, OR

Spoke with Linda Gilbert on the way out to platform at Royal. She mentioned
she had a golden plover in the far south eastern pond south of platform. I
was able to relocate the plover. It has a lot of white on the flanks and at
the vent with gold on top of the head. I think it is a pacific and not a
golden. I did manage to get some fuzzy photos through my scope that I will
try and post later so the experts can weigh in.
Sent from my iPhone
Sally
Eugene Or