[obol] PHOTOS: Ilwaco Hudsonian Godwit

  • From: "Mike Patterson" <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "swalalahos" <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 16:34:01 -0700

My primary reason for going across the river was to attempt photos of
the HUMPBACKED WHALES that have been hanging around at Megler, but
misjudged the tides. The best I could manage was this...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/21871552176/

I had a good day nevertheless.

Most notable was the HUDSONIAN GODWIT hanging out with MARBLED GODWITS
in the cove immediately east of the Ilwaco Boat Basin Dike. There were
also a couple PECTORAL SANDPIPERS in the flock.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/albums/72157657056073594

Just as amazing were the 500+ HEERMANN'S GULLS way up river at Dismal
Nitch and points east; lots of upriver BROWN PELICANS as well.

RIVER OTTER in the lake at Cape Disappointment.

---
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR