[obol] OBA - Wallowa Valley Field Trip and beyond!

  • From: Ken Chamberlain <kjchamberlain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:28:31 -0800

The Oregon Birding Association plans on offering several field trips in 2016,
this is our first offering. The trips will cover a wide range of locations and
target species. Upcoming trips will be a announced as they are finalized.

Wallowa Valley Field Trip — January 9 and 10, 2016

Where: Wallowa Valley, Wallowa County

Trip Leader: Kyle Bratcher local ODFW biologist and birder. He has an intimate
knowledge of the valley and it’s birds.

When: January 9 & 10

Target Birds: Wintering Wallowa Valley specialties; Rough-legged Hawks,
Gyrfalcon (2013-2015), Bohemian Waxwings, American Tree Sparrows, Common
Redpolls, Snow Buntings, Rosy-finches, Gray Partridges, etc. as available. All
in an outstanding and scenic winter landscape.

This trip is a no-host weekend, limited to 12 persons. We will start at 8 am
Saturday morning in Enterprise, and bird for targeted species in the Wallowa
Valley with leader Kyle Bratcher. That evening, the group will determine
Sunday morning birding targets and locations.

• OBA provides a Saturday trip leader, participants make their own
arrangements for travel, lodging and food.

• Schedule: Day 1: Morning and afternoon birding at the field trip
location, a social event and no host dinner may be arranged in the evening. Day
2: participant led morning birding, optional afternoon birding

• Carpooling is encouraged.

• Participants must register prior the field trip. Registration opens
December 9.

• Question can be emailed to Ken Chamberlain at kjchamberlain@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:kjchamberlain@xxxxxxxxxxx>

• Cost is $10 per person for members / $40 per person for non-members,
includes OBA membership.

OBA website link
http://www.orbirds.org/fieldtrips.html
An online registration form will be open to registration only after December 9.

Upcoming Trips include Clastsop County birding with Mike Patterson, March 12,
details to follow.

If you would like to lead a trip or have specific suggestions please let me
know.

Ken Chamberlain
Portland OR