[obol] Re: More on the Astoria Ground Dove...

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 19:13:19 -0800

Great post -

I learned a new word, "kack", and

'[To] to fully appreciate the abundance and variety of birds using these
winter microsites, one must spish and "pygmy-owl" both constantly and
loudly' *David Irons and David Fix **From: Oregon Birds 16(4): 251-254*

The last time I used the word (clearly) in writing about an observation
that was supported by brief online research of the Brown Booby, I had my
head handed to me for the umpteenth time. A condition I am undecided about
curing or embracing.

Nevertheless - The side-by-side photos of the Common Ground Dove first
observed in Yachats and then in Astoria, clearly indicates they are
different birds :-)

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/p739585829/h67105252#h67105252 Selecting
Slideshow will give you a full-screen view.

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I explain the origins of Implements of Destruction Kack...

http://www.surfbirds.com/community-blogs/northcoastdiaries/

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR