[obol] Malheur Lapland Longspur and other birds

  • From: Tim Blount <harneybirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:12:26 -0700

Hi All,

I found an adult ,winter plumaged male Lapland Longspur with a group of
Horned Larks on Double O Road this morning while on my way to work. It was
on the north side of the road near a large alkali flat on the southern
portion of Double O. Also, a flock of 50 Snow Geese were sitting on the
road near the longspur location.

Benson Pond is full of Yellow-rumped Warblers but nothing out of the norm
has been seen.

Rough-legged Hawks and Northern Shrikes are beginning to show in the area.

There are no Common Ground-Doves at the feeders at HQ....yet.

Cheers!

Tim Blount