[obol] Long-tailed Ducks at Timothy Lake -- Yes

  • From: Tim Shelmerdine <tim.spanish.guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:05:08 -0800

Well, I may not be able to email him, but thanks to Joe Blowers, I added a
second bird to my home county (CLACKAMAS) list in 2015. This comes after
at least a 4 years of not adding a single new county bird. Getting to the
point, the two female LONG-TAILED DUCKS were still present at the very NW
corner of Timothy Lake. Following Joe's excellent directions, I parked in
the west parking lot and walked the trail about 100 yards north before
walking to the shoreline and scoping. The Long-tailed Ducks took a little
patience to find, as they spent more time under the surface than on top of
it, and were close to the north shoreline of the lake. Other good birds
included a handful of EARED GREBES,