[obol] Loggerhead still at Basket Slough

  • From: Pam Otley <pamo1954@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:56:46 -0700

Hi all,

Thanks to Brandon Wagner's post, I went to Basket Slough this evening in
quest of the Loggerhead Shrike. After a bit of searching, I spotted it! It
was still north of Coville Rd, west of the narrows. There is a gated road
on the north side of Coville Rd. The shrike was perched in some willowy
looking bushes west of that road, maybe 30 yds from Coville Rd. It flew
down to the ground a couple of times as I watched, no doubt finding
something to eat, and then returned to those bushes.

I've posted some photos on my Flickr page:

https://flic.kr/p/qRwVbg

Happy birding,

Pam Otley