[obol] Local RBA: American Tree Sparrow

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'OBOL' <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:08:27 -0800

Today while on walkabout to Wireless Rd, I found an AMERICAN
TREE SPARROW at the Implements of Destruction kack. I have
photos which I will post later. For scale, this is the 3rd
American Tree Sparrow I have seen in Clatsop Co. I have seen
at least 8 Clay-colored Sparrows in the county.

Speaking of which, the CLAY-COLORED SPARROW was at the same
corner of the cyclone fence that it has been frequenting since
last weekend. The WHITE-THROATED SPARROW was at its usual spot.

I also found the COMMON GROUND DOVE near the semi trailers west
of the boatworks.

AND

One TROPICAL KINGBIRD was flycatching at the north end of Wireless
in the trees at the intersection to 101 business.

I'll have more to say after I process photos and lists and stuff.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR