[obol] Little Blue Heron recent RBA

  • From: Owen Schmidt <oschmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Portland Area Birds <portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 20:57:34 -0800

....... just this evening a record was forwarded to the Oregon Bird Records
Committee, to the Secretary (Harry Nehls), a Little Blue Heron a week ago at
Celilo Park near The Dalles.  Because the record is recent, I've posted the
photo and email to this site:
http://oschmidt.net/OwenLSchmidtLLC/LBHE.html

Greetings Harry,
I was fascinated to find this Heron at the Celilo State Park on the Columbia
River on Saturday  November 30th and again on Sunday December 1st. It appears
to be a Little Blue Heron in 1st Spring plumage with mottled dark grey
feathers. Photos attached. I hope this proves interesting to you and other
birders as well.

Sincerely,
Susie Hubbard
Damascus OR