[obol] Linn County Say's Phoebe

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 21:37:52 -0700

I sent this to the Midvalley Birder's list yesterday, but in case anyone here, not on that list, is interested...

Today (March 17) on my North Santiam raptor route, we saw a Say's Phoebe flycatching from the wires along Gates School Rd. between Kingwood Ave. and the Santiam Horse Park. Kingwood is the road that runs through Mill City eastward on the south side of the North Santiam River. It continues on toward Gates and becomes Gates School Rd. past the air strip. South heads to the horse park (and the Phoebe today); north heads past the old Gates School and to the bridge going back north across the river to Gates. The Phoebe was flycatching from the wires on the west side of the road and from low trees on the east side of the road, a short distance south of the Kingwood/Gates School Rd. junction.

Linda Fink
--
http://lindafink.blogspot.com/
http://lindafink-birdnotes.blogspot.com/