[obol] Lincoln County Mountain Chickadee, Tropical Kingbird, Elegant Terns

  • From: Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 15:42:19 -0700

Chris, our mom Em, Bill Bradford, Tom Ficker, and I birded coastal Lincoln
County this morning.

Early in the morning we spotted a TROPICAL KINGBIRD just east off Hwy 101
along NW 6th St. It moved south to 5th street a few minutes later, and was
gone later in the morning.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90462915@N07/22069149378/in/dateposted/

At Boiler Bay and Yaquina Head we had most of the expected species,
including a number of close Sooty and Pink-footed Shearwaters. Three
southbound ELEGANT TERNS passed by Boiler Bay. A pod of southbound Orcas
were pointed out to us at Yaquina Head.

At the Marine Science Center in Newport, we had a lone MOUNTAIN CHICKADEE.
It was along the northern half of the estuary trail, calling frequently as
it moved from pine to pine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80672850@N02/22070792569/in/dateposted-public/

Happy birding!

Adrian