[obol] Lincoln County : COMMON GROUND DOVE

  • From: "avitours" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "avitours" for DMARC)
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:44:09 -0700

Birders -
I arrived at 771 Driftwood Lane, Yachats at 9:45 am this morning (Monday,
10/19). I ran into Ed McVicker, Bing Wong and Ken Chamberlain over the next 3
hours.  It rained fairly hard until approximately noon. I am soaked ... I
forgot how it can be. We did varying amounts of canvassing of the neighborhood.
At about 1:00 pm I relocated the COMMON GROUND DOVE along the side of the house
at 771 Driftwood Lane.  I yelled at Ken and called Ed. Most of us got good
looks and some got photos.  I would agree that this bird looks like male of the
the eastern group.  A digibino cell phone photo can be viewed
here:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S25477438I probably viewed the
bird for about 3 or 4 minutes before it flew into the Pines near the Master
Garden and then down the Church alley, south towards the park.  The bird was
seen again in the Church parking lot when I departed at 1:45 pm.  A OR State
bird for me!
Good birding,
- Trent Bray
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone